Work at Corbenic
FUNDRAISING PROGRAMME MANAGER
A Fundraising Programme Manager will join us on a 2-year fixed term basis. We are undertaking a major capital project; the Community Centre is being designed with construction planned to start in the Summer of 2020. This major task, together with a growth in other activities, significantly increases our workload, and so this post has been created to support the implementation of these developments. By its nature, the role is developmental and much of its focus will be placed on helping to ensure we raise the funds necessary for our exciting project. Establishing relationships with our supporters is an essential part of this role and vital to ensure we are able to communicate the exceptional work we do daily in our community.
Please apply for this position through contacting Jenson Fisher.
Senior Support Worker x2 Positions
This is a 40-hour post to include shift work and weekends.
We are looking for Senior Support Workers to provide high quality social care for small groups of residents. In addition, the role will include assisting in the day-to-day running of the household.
To develop and sustain a warm and trusting relationship with the resident.
To promote self-esteem, happiness and emotional health of resident.
To encourage and support resident in expressing their needs, views and concerns. To enable the resident to make choices and decisions to enable them to participate as fully as possible in planning and decision making.
To provide verbal and written reports to colleagues.
To carry out any administration or recording duties.
To attend and contribute to reviews and attend any necessary meetings.
To comply with policies and procedures.
Driving duties connected to the role (e.g. taking residents to various appointments, attending meetings etc).
Experience of care or support is a minimum requirement.
Care qualifications at SVQ level 2, SVQ Level 3 or equivalent or alternatively being committed to training for this qualification.
A driving licence is required
Closing Date for Applications – Monday 3rd February at 9.00 am
Interviews are provisionally set for the week beginning 3rd Feb 2020
Support Worker x3 Positions
Full Time Post (40 hours)
Shift work including weekends. Flexibility required due to shift working.
Deadline Friday 31st January.
Interviews to be held the week beginning 3rd February.
Due to the rural nature of Corbenic and absence of public transport to site, access to car is required.
Purpose of Job:
To assist in the day-to-day running of the household.
House Co-ordinators & Care & Support Manager
In Corbenic mutual respect and concern for the dignity of each person are actively fostered. Individuals are encouraged to contribute as much as possible to the life of the community. Residents and day participants work side by side with voluntary co-workers from around the world and an experienced staff team.
1. To be responsible for the safety and welfare of all living and working within the household.
2. To be a positive influence on and act as a role model to the volunteer co-workers living and working within the household.
3. To assist House Co-ordinators and Senior Support Workers to coordinate the daily living arrangements in the household, and to ensure that all aspects of the care provided in the household comply with the standards agreed by the community in accordance with best professional residential care practice.
4. Actively engage in promoting the ethos of Corbenic, by encouraging everyone to live and work according to the Camphill philosophy and social pedagogy. To be present and actively participate in the annual festivals.
5. To work flexibly in a way that supports the needs of the house and organisation. Work hours will include mornings, evenings and weekend working.
6. To be responsive to the needs of the community including moving to other houses when required.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will have:
Experience in providing care and support to people with learning disabilities, preferably with qualifications in this area
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Willingness to work in a range of indoor and outdoor settings as dictated by the schedule of the individual
Willingness to work as part of a wider team providing the highest quality care and support
Willingness to participate in training relevant to the post
Willingness to work under their own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility for their role
A flexible and patient approach
Already be/or become a member of the PVG and SSSC
A driving licence
Starting at £18,720
A full job description can be downloaded here.