Work at Corbenic
Support Worker £19,344 (3 Posts)
Full Time Post (40 hours, Permanent)
Purpose of Job: To assist in the day-to-day running of household
Responsible to: House Co-ordinators & Care & Support Manager
Main Areas of Work:
• To be responsible for the safety and welfare of all living and working within the household
• To be a positive influence on and act as a role model to the volunteer co-workers living and working within the household
• To assist House Co-ordinators and Senior Support Workers to coordinate the daily living arrangements in the household, and to ensure that all aspects of the care provided in the household comply with the standards agreed by the Community in accordance with best professional residential care practice
• Actively engage in promoting the ethos of Corbenic, by encouraging everyone to live and work according to the Camphill philosophy and Social Pedagogy. To be present and actively participate in the annual festivals
• To work flexibly in a way that supports the needs of the house and organisation. Work hours will include mornings, evenings and weekend working
• To be responsive to the needs of the community including moving to other houses if required
The successful candidate will have:
• Preferably 1 year of disability, care work or support work experience. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting adults with learning disabilities
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Availability to work flexibly including shifts, weekends and bank/public holidays
• Willingness to work as part of a wider team providing the highest quality care and support
• Willingness to participate in training relevant to the post
• Willingness to work under their own initiative, taking ownership for their role
• A flexible, open and patient approach
• To be/become a member of the PVG and SSSC
• Driving licence
• Corbenic offers much more than many standard care jobs. We provide a unique care home environment based on the Camphill ethos and SSSC care standards.
• Working in a beautiful rural setting in a homely environment.
• Opportunity to work with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds
• Organic home cooked meals offered to staff on shift at mealtimes.
• Access to a rich cultural life including festivals at Corbenic.
• 7% Employer Pension contribution.
• Staff discount at Corbenic Shop & Café in Dunkeld offering artisan products, beautiful and unusual gifts/books, bakery items, wholefoods and refills on home cleaning products.
• On site parking
• COVID testing available every week
For a job description click here
For an application form click here
Deadline: 29th October 2020. Interviews provisionally held the week beginning 2nd November via Skype.
For further information please contact Emma on 01350 723 206 Extn. 102. Applications should be emailed to or posted to:
Corbenic Camphill Community